Thursday, January 12, 2006

Waiting is FUN

Hi everyone. Sorry that this is so late in the day :)

I sat at home all morning waiting for the embryologist to call. Waiting and waiting.... no call. C got home from class and asked "what did they say?" I was like we didn't get a call yet, I bet something bad happened, and they wanted to wait.

So I told him I was going to take a shower (I hadn't even done that for fear of missing the phone)... and he could answer the phone. Gave him instructions what to ask and all that.When I got upstairs, I decided to check and make sure we didn't have any messages. They called at 8:52am Central time. The phone sure as spit never rang. SO I called them back. They had left time for retrieval and stuff.

They got 22 eggs and 17 fertilized!!! They will pick out the best embryos tomorrow and take pictures and all that. I am so excited! We should have a good number to freeze. Yippee! I will take 10 mg of Valium before transfer. I hardly drink and take no medications, so it should hit me like a ton of bricks. Our clinic typically transfers 2.




I'll keep you updated as I lay in my 48hours of bedrest :).

K

4 comments:

April said...

What fantastic news!

Congratulations. I hope that the transfer goes smoothly for you.

Cindy said...

That is amazing! I have a very good feeling about this. Good luck today! Cindy

Teendoc said...

Excellent news!

Congratulations!!!

chris said...

That's great! Good luck.