Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Waiting... and waiting

It seems as if when you have problems conceiving, everything is all about the wait (and often the weight, also). One is always waiting for something. You're waiting for your period to end or to begin. You're waiting for the next appointment. Waiting waiting waiting.

Guh.

Now the wait is for tomorrow's phone call. The embryologist is to call and let us know how things are going. We will also find out when to show for transfer (you see, I'm assuming there WILL BE a transfer). Of course there is always the chance that none fertilized or none grew or ....

The drugs are driving me batshit. I tried the other night 4 times to give myself the PIO shot. I've given myself so many shots that I don't know why I just couldn't. But I couldn't. I got shaky and flushed. :( I have given myself IM shots before too. Maybe there is only so many needles one girl can stick herself with, eh?

So we find out tomorrow.

I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Kellie - I hear you. My cycle got to be quite irregular and we had to travel cross country for our last IVF, requiring 2 weeks off work. What a stressball waiting for my period. I have every thing crossed for you and know that you will hear great news tomorrow. Cindy

Portlairge said...

Hi, I just your blog oer at Bad Egg. How many eggs did you have. Good luck for tomorrow. I hope you have many embryos. I am going for retrieval on Friday so I'm a few days behind you. We can wait it out in blogland !!!!!!