Sunday, December 04, 2005

Have they no shame?

Today, we were at Applebees eating a nice lunch when 3 women got seated behind us. Immediately it was all preggo talk. "I just love it when people come up to me and rub my belly" states one proudly. "oh, you're so small and cute" the other says. Puke. I lost all enjoyment in my lunch at that time. We were seated there for about 15 minutes with them behind us and there was nothing but preggo talk. People at work are preggo, people everywhere... everyone thinks I'm so cute preggo. BLECH. Can't you talk about anything else? I thought momentarily about saying "yeah, I've been pregnant 4 times, but had 4 miscarriages" in discussion with hubby.

On the IV treatment front, I took my first dose of Lupron today. That didn't burn or sting or anything. It has such a nice tiny needle. I think the needle for Lovenox is slightly bigger :( Hurts more anyway.

Anyone out there take lupron before for suppression? What kind of symptoms have you had?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually remained sypmtom free when it came to the Lupron. I thought the needles were nice and little too and got a little over confident - my stim needles were not so fun! Lovonex is also my personal arch nemisis - for some reason they sting worse then anything. Sorry you had such an annoying lunch. Hang in there!

chris said...

You should have smacked them with some babyback ribs. Whoops. That's Chilli's. Well then, perhaps dumped a basket of fries on their heads?

Kellie said...

Caroline-
Lovenox sucks. I am having headaches from the Lupron, but only have 4 more doses of that.
Thanks for the comment... it's taking me time to get used to this blog stuff!

Kellie said...

Chris,
I had to check your profile, as my husband is Chris and he's always singing the "babyback ribs" song. Thanks for the vision in my head :)