Sunday, September 10, 2006

Another preggy post

Seems like all I talk about is this pregnancy. It is hard to not talk about anything else when it is foremost in my mine, ya know? I still have feelings of guilt regarding those who are not on the same journey as I am.

I am now 36w5d. Amazing. Saw my OB on Thursday and everything is good so far. My leg that had the DVT (blood clot) in it last August (2005) swells terribly compared to the other leg, but not too bad. Baby is measuring good. I go twice a week for NST's (which is fun but a pain too). Start my weekly OB visits too.

On exam my cervix is closed and firm. He's not overly happy with that, as he wants to induce me on the 27th. The reason? I'm on lovenox (a blood thinner) which would prevent me from getting an epidural or spinal if I needed/wanted it. SO I need to come off of it for 48 hours prior to laboring, but given the fact I had a blood clot we don't want me to be off of it for much longer than that.

I cannot believe that in 17 days I should be holding this baby!

Hope you are all doing great.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Wow. That is so exciting. It has been a long road and you are almost at the end of it. I'm still stuck in the middle of it but it gives me hope to read about people like you who share their happy endings. I hope the next 17 days fly by without any complication.
Hugs,
Kate

Portlairge said...

Hi Kellie:
I'm glad it's all going well. I really must post an update. You've made me feel guilty!! Two weeks from Wednesday your little boy will be here.

NatD said...

That's great news! My friend, who is pregnant and on Plavix (due to a stroke last year-she's fine now) has to stop taking it 2 wks before birth. She hopes she'll be able to have an epidural, but is scared that's not gonna happen.

Anyway, I have news of my own I'll be sharing soon, so stay tuned, ok?

I can't believe your son will be here in just over 2 weeks! :)

charlie's mom said...

Oh wow! So close!

Kellieandkids said...

I can't believe you are so close. I actually had Caleb at 36 weeks 4 days! And he was perfectly healthy. You could be a mommy any day!

soralis said...

How exciting. Hope you have an uneventful delivery!

Take care

beagle said...

Wow, 17 days (well, now it's 14!) That really flew by from where I'm standing. I hope it all goes smoothly for you the rest of the way.

Sunny Jenny said...

Just dropping by to say hi! I am so glad you're gonna pop this kid out soon! I hope you're feeling well and everything continues so smoothly!

chris said...

It's so soon! Good luck.