Wednesday, September 20, 2006

38w1d

Yep, that's me. Stranger things have happened, but I am now 7 days away from meeting this guy. Induction on 9/27. Wow. Still so much to do at home and no energy to do it. Sigh.

Ultrasound on Monday was good. He's still measuring right on dates via ultrasound. Weight about 6lb 13 oz, not too big, not too small :)! Makes me feel good that I've been doing well on my "GD" diet. UGH! Gives me hope for a vaginal delivery. Also had normal amount of amniotic fluid present, which made me happy. He was rubbing his eyes, so cute. I'm getting more and more excited about meeting him.

Maternity leave is all set with work. I'm taking the 6 weeks allowed (with benefits paid) then taking 2 weeks of vacation. That way I don't have to pay any of my benefits, which for 2 weeks would have been almost 1000.00. Medical malpractice insurance is expensive!

Birthday was good. Birthday dinner was awesome.

Wish there was a sushi restaurant in this town, I'd have sushi for dinner on 9/27 if so. Sigh.

8 comments:

soralis said...

Wow only 6 weeks, I can't even imagine!

Glad to hear your u/s went well. Hope you aren't to uncomfy for the remainder of your PG!

take care

Portlairge said...

Excellent news Kellie. I know how you feel about so much to do and no energy to do it. I'll be watching this space for posting of your new arrival. It looks like our boys will be born a day apart.

NatD said...

Let the countdown to "D" (for delivery) Day begin!

How exciting!

I can't wait to read about his arrival! ;)

YAY!!

chris said...

How exciting and happy birthday too!

Fertility Faux Pas said...

Tomorrow is the big day! Sounds like everything is going great. Thinking of you and hoping for a healthy and easy delivery. Best of luck!

beagle said...

Good Luck! It's so close now. Wow . . . looking forward to meeting him as well via blog photos!

Kellieandkids said...

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! You meet your little sweetie Tomorrow! I can't wait to hear your birth story.

NatD said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Kellie's baby boy....

Happy Birthday to you!!

I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!! :)