Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hot hot hot

Baby, it's hot outside. I live in Minnesota... it was 95 degrees today - in May! My goodness! Even our dog didn't want to go outside, and she loves it outside.

Not much else new. We're going on a big road trip starting next Saturday. Leaving to go to NC. Our friend is getting married. We're then going to go to PA to visit hubby's parents.

Should be fun. We have a new Civic Hybrid which gets great gas mileage (over 50mpg), but we're going to take our truck. Just can't picture me getting in and out of the Hybrid at 23/24 weeks pg. Not only that, the seats are not that comfortable on long trips, ouchie butt!

Besides that, I love my truck. It too, is a Honda. It's a Ridgeline, and even though it may look funny, it drives so like a car and rides great. None of that "bouncy" stuff that you feel in most trucks. It also has XM radio which will be key, since the Stanley Cup playoffs will be going on and we love us some hockey.

We're hoping that the Carolina Hurricanes get to the Cup finals - and we'll try our best to go to a game while we are there.

3 comments:

soralis said...

Wow you can have the heat! Good plan taking the truck with you being PG!

Take care and wishing you all the best

chris said...

So, are you going to be in Raleigh? Because I'm just around the corner.

beagle said...

I hope you're having / have had a wonderful trip!