Friday, February 24, 2006

Ultrasound update

We went to the RE's yesterday for our follow up visit. Of course it involved the dildocam/cootercam or whatever term you prefer.

We saw that BabyA had grown since we saw him/her on Monday. HB still strong. Just a little alien peanut there.

Baby B appeared to not have a hb at this time. So I think we can safely assume that there is only the possibility for one. I am sad, yet relieved that so far BabyA is still truckin' along without a problem.

The RE said that this is what they call a vanishing twin. There is typically not a lot of miscarriage like bleeding, that the growing baby kind of pushes the other baby out of the way until there is no more room.

I'm sure my OB will continue to check me with ultrasounds fairly frequently to make sure that there is no problems with BabyA.

The RE has released me from his care. I am to stop the progesterone on Tuesday (Monday being the last dose) and stop the estrogen also. Kind of freaky to just stop it cold turkey, but they do this all the time and have no problems.

I am currently 8w3d (they stop the meds at 9 weeks).

Oh, yeah, I'm spotting again >:(

8 comments:

soralis said...

I am soooo sorry about B, I was hoping things would turn around for you. I am praying for an uneventful rest of your PG!! Take care

Portlairge said...

Hi Kellie
I am sorry about Baby B and I am glad Baby A is doing allright. Thinking of you. Congratulations on graduationg from your RE.

Kellie said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Kellie. Take care of yourself and I hope the spotting stops soon.

erinberry said...

I'm sorry about 'B'. 'A' sounds like he/she is continuing to thrive very well.

beagle said...

Sorry about baby b . . . very sad. Glad to hear baby a is going strong.

Go away darn spot!

Sunny Jenny said...

so sorry to hear about baby B:(

Good news on baby A! You're almost out of the first trimester woods!

NatD said...

Oh, Kellie. I am so, so, sorry to hear about baby B. I'm holding out huge hopes that Baby A is there to stay. I know that this is a common thing, but it makes it no less sad. Hopefully the spotting is related to Baby B.

Thinking of you...

Fertility Faux Pas said...

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about Baby B too. I hope the spotting stops soon so you can hopefully start to feel some relief.

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog today too. It really helped.