Monday, January 02, 2006

Insurance and Flex accounts suck

As with many, we have insurance. Also as with many, it does not cover IVF. No problem, I say. I'll put the max in my Flex account this year. That way, it will at least be pre tax dollars and lessen my tax burden. Of course, if you have a flex account, you know that if you don't use it, you lose it. (which I think is BS - IT IS MY MONEY). So...

Here is where I get pissed at my RE's office. They will not provide any itemized bills for the DE IVF cycle. It's a "package". So I send in a copy of my receipt to the FLex people. (hey, 13K is nothing to sneeze at... and that doesn't include the donor payout). I get rejected. Fuckers.

So I have to Appeal. I have to Appeal to get my own money. It's not like I'm making any money on this deal. FUCKERS. you'd think I'm taking dinner off of the flex people's table.

Pisses me off (can you tell).

3 comments:

erinberry said...

Oh that SUCKS. And is worrisome, as I put the max in a Flex spending account for 2006 too (thinking about IVF)...

Kellie said...

Hopefully you won't have the same problem with yours, Erin. I'm working on an appeal... Fun stuff, isn't it? It's not bad enough that we have to PAY to get the chance to get pregnant... but we get shafted too.

NatD said...

Fuckers, indeed! I work for attorneys who represent insurance companies, and you'd think that would get some some preferential treatment, right? Nope. They are assholes to everyone. Besides which, I work for some cheap bastards who won't pay for IF coverage (not mandated in OK).