Saturday, November 12, 2005

Donor egg

Well, we are getting ready for our donor egg cycle. We were supposed to be in progress now, but our donor just got a job promotion and needed the week of retrieval off for job related traveling. Put a big damper on me, as I had just picked up my medications for my part and we had paid for her meds.

So we will start Lupron 7 days after I ovulate this month. Today is CD#1 for me, so we're probably looking at starting Lupron the first week of December or so. Fun stuff, I'm told.

I just found out today that a girl on a loop that I"ve been on for a couple of years just lost her 6 year old. (why do we say lost? He's not lost really, he died from complications of asthma). How sad is that? When I hear of stuff like this, I wonder why I want children. Why do I want to love something so much that if something would happen to them, that I would certainly want to be dead too?

I am not very good at this, so I'll just keep working at it. Hopefully, I'll be more consistent and with practice, get better. It would be something to look back upon if our IVF works. If not, I'll probably delete it.

No comments: