Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Great White North

Or something like that. We moved to Minnesota in March of 2004. Moved in our SUV with 3 cats. Nowhere to stay along the way... so we drove straight through with a stop at a rest area in Ohio (I believe) for a cat nap. Almost 24 hours in the car.

Moved into our house. Cats, hubby and myself getting acclimated. Start talking about trying to get an appointment at a new RE to get started. We do that, and the RE says that we really should think strongly about donor egg. We're not so keen at first. So we wait.

Then in November we say, hey, let's get on the list. Well, it takes around a year to get to the top of the list. YIKES. We sign up.

Just going about life. I'm working and hubby is going back to school. Life is good. Not really keeping good tabs on my cycle... and surprise. April of 2005 I take a HPT because it's been a while since my period.. and it's +!

Get a beta and it's around 200. Repeat goes over 700. Things look good, right? Well I'm not convinced. I have a feeling of dooooom. And in a couple of days, I start spotting. Of course it can be nothing... what do you think? It is definitely something. Beta is now only 900. Start having right sided pains and my OB/GYN thinks I might be having an ectopic. Ultrasound is inconclusive. Go on to beta falling to zero and a miscarriage.

So thank goodness we did not take ourselves off of the list, right? Now just continue to wait. We do finally get a match... it's now October....

Donor then gets a job promotion and we have to put off our cycle for a month.

We are now in the midst of the donor egg cycle. I'll keep you all posted!

4 comments:

chris said...

The surprise pregnancy when you're minding your own business reallys sucks.

Take care.

Teendoc said...

You are a vascular surgeon as well? My best friend Lisa is a vascular surgeon as well. There aren't too many black women vascular surgeons in the US. Perhaps you know her?

Kellie said...

Liana,

I do not know Lisa. I don't do so much vascular anymore. Living in smalltown america doesn't allow for it so much. It's difficult to get the patient back when they go to the big house (ie Mayo).

Thanks for commenting :)

April said...

It'll be interesting to hear about your D/E cycle (well, as much as you're comfortable telling of course).

I look forward to reading more.