Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wow, time slips by. I've been somewhat remiss here.

Work has been quite busy. Then I've just been so tired when I get home. I've been reading blogs and there has been some sadness in the blog world. Julianne and Statia with their neg IVF cycles. Another loss at about 14 weeks.

Should I say I'm scared out of my mind right now? I'm at 14w1d. Scared spitless. Maybe I should invest in a doppler, but I can use one at work when I get the chance. But I would most likely be more comfortable at home.

Hubby has taken to putting his hands on my belly and saying "we've got a baby in there". How sweet is that? He is so good with kids. I've seen him with his niece and he is so patient with her.

I find myself having those damnned DBT's daily again. Why? I've been trying to listen to what Liana had to say. What she says makes so much sense. I should be rejoicing in each day of my pregnancy instead of worrying. It's just not happening for me yet. And that makes me sad.

The belly is still bruised from the daily injections of Lovenox. On the plus side, we've met my deductable on the HSA so the 2K worth of lovenox was mine for nothing. :)

Next appointment is tomorrow. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Teendoc said...

I know that what I said to you is easier said than done, but please, please try to just love and connect with your baby. Fear does absolutely nothing to protect you if the worst does happen. The pain is still as great.

Do something silly. Start a pregnancy scrapbook. Have a nightly heart to heart with the baby. Replace the fear with love. I so wish I had.

soralis said...

Over 13weeks that is great. I wish I could say or do something that would help you enjoy your PG and not worry so much. I worried through my entire PG and I wish I could have changed that and enjoyed it a little for what it was.

Take care and I hope as time passes you feel better about things. Good luck tomorrow

Portlairge said...

Hi Kellie
I had an appointment today with my ob- How did yours go? I am 14 weeks today. I got a doppler a couple of weeks ago and it has definitely done a lot to calm my nerves. I still find it hard to believe I am pregnant. I feel well and except for a growing belly don't feel pregnant. I am trying to think about my little boy and imagining myself holding him. I've always been afraid to think of that. I think Teendoc is right, we need to embrace our pregnancies. Easier said then done but we've made it this far.